From ALLtech dental provider Delta Dental of Washington
There’s nothing quite as embarrassing as realizing that you have bad breath. Whether you had just a bit too much garlic for lunch or you ran out the door without brushing your teeth, bad breath is a cloud that hangs over you for the whole day.
But exactly what causes bad breath is more complicated than you might think. Here are a few common reasons why you might be suffering from halitosis:
- Poor dental hygiene habits
- Consuming food and beverages such as garlic and onions
- Low-carb diets (i.e. Atkins, Keto) can often result in bad breath
- Dehydration, not drinking enough water
- Mouth, nose and throat infections
- Tobacco use resulting in “smokers’ breath”
Taking just a few simple steps can have your mouth feeling refreshed and ready to get up close.
- Brush and floss twice a day
- Use an antibacterial toothpaste that gets rid of bacteria and plaque
- Replace your toothbrush once every two months
- Visit your dentist for regular preventative check-ups
For a more in-depth look at the reason for halitosis and a full list of all the ways you can help, read our blog post on the Common causes of bad breath and how to fix them.